macbeth : re-constructed
- Read the excerpt from Macbeth.
- How would this excerpt be read dramatically? What 'sounds' jump off the page? What atmosphere/tone do the words convey?
- Highlight/identify important and interesting lines.
- Determine the ESSENTIAL meaning of the excerpt.
- Use some of the lines and write a creative piece that captures the ESSENCE of the excerpt.
[sample based on task no.5 above]
THE HAGS AND THE CROW
He stands by an open window. The breeze is balmy. Uncomfortable. The air is SECRET and mysterious. His thoughts are BLACK, MIDNIGHT, and loud. Voices from the unknown speak to him.
"HAGS, stop whispering. WHAT IS'T YOU DO? What is it you want? Stop buzzing," he screamed out the window.
A crow cried and the voices stopped.
macbeth : reconstructed
macbeth : re-envisioned
- View the images.
- Pause and think.
- What is the story? What is the message? Theme?
- Jot down the ideas that develop.
macbeth : reenvisioned
- the assignment
- criminous mind: 1984 re-envisioned