3. Use Google News and search for a story or topic that interests you.
4. Copy and paste the entire article into a word document. Use the HIGHLIGHT TOOL (black) to blackout the article.
5. Use the tutorial information as a guide to black out the article that you have chosen.
6. Try and maintain the ESSENTIAL information - main ideas and details - in the article (DON'T BLACKOUT THE IMPORTANT DETAILS).
7. "POETIZE" the words and sentences. Rearrange the words and sentences into a poem. Click on the image below for an example. Read the poem to your classmates.
8. Save both the "blackouted" article and "poetized" version and send a copy to email@example.com.
you can identify the main ideas and details
1 2 3 4
you can arrange the text into poetic form
1 2 3 4
you can read the poem with enthusiasm and clarity
1 1.5 1.75 2